Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Monster Me ...

Creating Art,

Working With Colors,

is

Healing to the Spirit,

and Restorative to the Soul.

Creating Art Using the Computer

Allows More Dimensions of Healing To That Process,

Time Being One

of Those Most Crucial Elements

of the Healing Process

of One’s Mind, Body, and Soul.



An online friend recently asked for the full resolution size of this art work (top image), one I created while attending Dr. Paula Artac's Workshop (hosted by Arizona Artists Guild), November 1, 2008....
(visit Dr. Artac's web site Colors of Life at http://www.colorsoflife.net/ ,
you may want to Contact Paula Artac at:
or by phone: 510-917-1650). 

My friend has also suggested an alternate title, instead of "Crucible", to be "Soul of the Beholder".  He said he sensed violence in what he viewed but liked it anyway, although he normally prefers calm and serene art (he is a composer and musician). I replied as follows.

Yes, my thoughts also as I created it .... not consciously but with out controlling my conscious mind only allowing it expression to emerge from the inner consciousness of my person. In the creativity development workshop about 4 years ago, about 20 participating artists joined hands and tossed water on torn bits of bleeding tissue in a pile in the center of our circle of joined hands, and then we meditated, disassembled and began our own individual creation of collages made of glue, selected bits of the colorful bleeding tissue from the pile, and out own fluid energy drawn from the artist group and from the pile of the group fluid energy mentally endowed its presence.

It is sometimes scary to look at your inner self just as this is scary art.... but it is also healing in the process to overcome the animal nature within us, the human faults, and the vices common to man often suppressed but without question always there to some degree or another ...

When I showed the material collage that I had giclee photographed professionally at a local art printer shop then photoshop its duplicate mirror image and joined to be surprised to see the “spirit” angel Goddess at the center top .... I was amazed and realized that sometimes in the real world, it is inadequate to see the entire image as we exist in the spiritual world.... and while the other artists at the workshop had done their traditional art thing painting on top of their collage, I was the only one to say to my instructor that I was going to finish mine with the computer .... she was amazed at the results I later showed her....

The art work first titled “Crucible” is now a large 4 ft x 5 ft framed work original over my fireplace (appropriate location in my home) .... since just like in metallurgy it takes intense high heat to forge the finished work so does the spirit and soul of man.

????

The world we can not escape and all live in is very violent, All of the animal species in it struggle for existence in violence and even nature creates its many violent natural disasters .... as humans we filter out much of what we don’t want to acknowledge but the inner consciousness is aware and sometimes emerges such as it did in this art work .... one artist friend sees the Nutcracker Rat King in it ... and another friend sees animals that she point out to me and even a dog’s face .... our being is an amalgam of lifetime experiences, thoughts, and events .... so too our inner consciousness.... we must have the courage to boldly look at ourselves introspect and acknowledge our imperfections, our animal self, our soul however low it may be .... but keep sight of the “God, pure divine sprit that is our highest expression of being” .... ???

I can’t really say I like what I created .... but then as a Mother, I can’t deny it or throw it away.... can’t even ignore it so I framed it and proudly show it to many .... titled as “Therapy Art” ..... that fits, doesn’t it? Crazy or sane ..... we all can benefit from therapy art.... Art Therapist is a very fulfilling occupation and if I had my life to live over I might choose to be one. The workshop was taught by a supreme artist .... who is a psychologist Dr. and researcher Art Therapist...

Surely I sent my friend the .psd full art work and said... and of course you can modify it, change its colors, or do what you like with it .... Have your way with me so to speak.... it is too large (almost 90mb) to attach so I will upload it to my site now (takes about 25 minutes to upload), and then you can download the .psd work file (you do have Photoshop, right?)... I also have the slightly larger .tif file (99mb) of it the giclee printer (Dec 2008) gave me when I asked him for it ... http://ymmartin.com/Crucible_New.psd .... (Art is to show and be appreciated) ...

Go ahead.... Make me famous by having you as my prestigious patron .... (trading art for your music) ... remember I have Cherokee ancestry and our Cherokee Trail of Tears does represent a lot of violence against my ancestors .... and Cherokees were one with the creation..... considered heathens....

I have waited till the upload to my web site is finished, and I have tested it to see it is ok before sending you notice it is ok to download in Denmark.... What I am sending may or may not have a border .... "Melt Down" could be another apropos title for this work ...

The media used for this art work cration began as Fluid Energy Bleeding Tissue Collage then became a Computer Digital Art from the photo giclee of the paper backed Collage and now the art is purely residing dormant electronically to be executed into what ever future form desired ... one of those “lives” is as giclee print on canvas framed above my fireplace and the colors used are harmonious with other accessories in my living room ..

It might be used as a textile print design or curtain/slipcovers design, playing cards (back of card), etc .... who knows .... it is just “interesting” and “violent too” like the interplay of good and evil in the world or in our being.

The Monster Me,

Macabre We See ....

Is it You or Me,

What Others See ....???

Yolly.













No comments:

Post a Comment