Friday, August 13, 2010

Saving money on your electricity bill

 

 
Every little bit of budgeting helps us conserve our resources so that we can have the things we choose (within our budget)... with so much economic distress, it is important to spend wisely.  I have the luxury of my dozen Pekingese of all colors, 4 Koi/Goldfish Water Gardens and 2 indoor aquariums, computers, and TV cable DVR box, but otherwise I do economize every way possible just as others also are trying to do. 
 
My sister says I don't need as many Pekingese as I have and also questions my having the water gardens .... in her mind those things are wasteful of my money, but in my mind they are what makes my life enjoyable, interesting, and most importantly filled with love and companionship.  It is via my Pekingese I have made my Azpekelist Yahoo group friends and others.  It is via my fish keeping that I meet and make like minded friends and learn valuable lessons in life from them.  Well, you probably have also guessed that my sister thinks my art activities also wasteful....  (sigh) My "luxuries" are what I enjoy photographing and rendering into digital art to enter into local art shows or share with online friends.
 
We all have our "sisters" or others in our lives whose judgments and influence over us make us question our own values and beliefs. I believe it is important to not abandon our selves and our choices thus empowering others who have different values and would like to impose their ways upon us.  We need to be the individual we are and not live in the shadow of our self created by another.
 
SRP offers what they call EZ 3 plan where M-F from 3-6 you limit your use of electricity as much as you can... see the savings on my electric bill.... My total bill for 1800 sq ft home was $187... AND WE HAD AN AVG TEMP OF 93.9 DEGREES WHERE AS LAST YEAR'S BILL THE AVG TEMP WAS 98 DEGREES....
"You saved $44.37 this month on the EZ-3 Plan. Your
year-to-date savings are $105.41"
 
Yippee! Yippee Yea! Git along lil doggys.....
 
Yolanda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment