Saturday, August 14, 2010

Well.... What Religion Are You


While in New Zealand I conversed with members of all the many global faiths and churches to be found in Wellington and interacted with their zealots ...
 
I am particularly remembering a conversation with a particular Catholic nun.... at one point she looked me in the face and blurted out, "Well.....!! (humph! she croaked at me like a frog) What Religion Are You Anyway?!!!"
 
I replied meaningfully, "The one before that ever became a question that needed answering".
 
Dispute over religions have been the cause of too much blood shed in our history since the beginning of time.  Religions... rather than unifying people they have divided them. 
 
That is why now I am an Universalist. I am a believer and I have an in depth religious upbringing, studied world religions  and their history during college, and continue to be  interested in theological teachings and their practices.  I do believe I have a soul, but when someone declares to me they have no soul, I do not argue with them.... after all they are the best ones to know and not I.
 
 
SOUL....I think that it is a measure of the self, the lowest common denominator by which you can be compared to anything else, anywhere, anytime, and be assessed a value and worth in relative comparison... the entry in an accountants book of all things that matter. Yo M. ©
 (My web site) http://ymmartin.com
(My blogs)

No comments:

Post a Comment