Wednesday, March 16, 2011

About Proselytizing.

About proselytizing, I don’t believe I have ever written or focused on any biblical scriptures to the exclusion of each individual living one’s life as they freely choose, exercising the choice God's word via the Bible allegedly provided man .

The bible’s many parables, psalms, and past preachings are motivations to encourage us to be morally good, to provide and give us strength to endure whatever life and death create in our environment.

I Believe

My belief is that
We reap what we sow,
We think and we grow,
We live and we learn.

When time, a new turn,
Life ends, does adjourn.
Know time to move on,
To journey beyond.

The words of Jesus Christ Superstar have come down through the ages through many scholarly minds who may have had their own agendas and beliefs.

I respect the bible, but respect the right and worth of an individual’s beliefs more. The stories of the bible are “social stories of the past” (literary art) created to promote social harmony and peace to conform a diverse people for their own good from an uncivilized state.

I feel I know Jesus personally, but do not expect him to be my “savior” as that would be denying me the duty and expectation of others that I be responsible for my own choices and suffering or enjoying their consequences.

How can one explain the Bible divided against itself, i.e., the Old Testament versus the New Testament with the Jewish and the Christians now in opposite camps and schools?

I believe,
but I reserve the right
to believe freely,
to not be a victim of
conditioned conformity,
contradictory confusions,
captive creating cultures,
and chaotic consequences.




No comments:

Post a Comment