Sunday, March 6, 2011

Yahoo Groups and Organizations



The Sentence.

Give me liberty or give me death,
But preferred, is that you give me breadth.
The breadth of vision, the space to breathe,
Without breadth it is better to leave!

To unjust victor belongs soiled spoils,
Without liberty, clichés and toils.
Liberty without breadth, surely foils.
Victory is in the liberty.

(2011©Yolanda Martin and Daniel Magnus Bennét Björck)


*************************************


Yahoo Groups


Censorship moderator action is ONE way to impose compatibility among the members, but I do not like to belong to a group where that is needed.


That is abandonment of the right to express freely.


In my own Yahoo group, if a member does not use good communication judgment and is abusively harmful to the group then the member is first warned, and if necessary removed.


Many times a member leaves recognizing they are not compatible with others in the group and choose not to fight for participating social space within the group.


I do not like totalitarian or dictator type regimes as is it anti-democratic and also does not create a forum for individual social learning.


"The hamster is dead and the wheel is still turning." results.


Yolanda
(I learn from my failures and am reinforced by my successes.)





No comments:

Post a Comment