Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Cold Blooded Killer

My close friend is a published author who writes cozy mysteries ..... so I thought I would write this poem about a serious matter as a mystery .... so often the victim asks, "Why me?"  I have looked into the eyes of the criminally insane, been in their presence, and wonder about the evil that dwells within their person.... What makes bad people bad? Pray that they don't cross our paths.
 
 
The Cold Blooded Killer
 
He walked across in front,
His glance glared with horrible hate.
 
Unmasked evil cold, blunt,
He had plan, plus premeditate.
 
Time froze with his confront,
To be his victim, this my fate?
 
Silent witness, I want,
To run, hide, inside self sealed gate.
 
Why did this stranger hunt,
Decide me to be his next stunt?
 
There wasn't personal affront,
Selected just to fill his crate....
 
(Yolanda Martin ©)
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment