Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fw: Short Poem "My God"

My God

My God is laughing and loving,
All knowing and wise,
Guides my thoughts drawing the dove wing,
Helps painting blue skies.

My God is there when I need him,
He's caring and kind,
Teaching gardening prune and trim,
Peace of mind therein.

My God is found in all nature,
Balanced it must be,
Though Man may increase in stature,
God is last decree.

(Yolanda Martin © 2010)

(reply to one who questioned my assigning a maxculine gender in the above poem...

LOL you inserted the question mark in He?s or did Dr E .... I myself pondered that after I wrote it, and wondering myself why I assigned a masculine gender. Perhaps because of the paternal Father relationship in my life and of course the Lord’s Prayer ..... “My Father which art is heaven....” being so instilled in my mind and being since early childhood .... and for many generations God has been viewed as a masculine rather than feminine gender and of course human since he made us in his likeness so states the Bible .... The artistic world is filled with religious paintings depicting him being masculine and also the Vatican. in Rome. It is very difficult to overcome religious training imprinted at an early age and reinforced in all of our religious organizations ... At the senior center I visit, the Lord’s Prayer is recited by all before they serve our lunch. The atheists and others who choose not to recite because it is not their belief simply stand but remain silent out of respect for the center’s leadership and perhaps they use that time to reflect on their own spirituality.

Perhaps it is more important to focus on the physical realities and consequences of self actualized relationship to God (or your own alternate philosophy theological concepts) as experienced and practiced in your life, living testimonial, and how it influences your social interactions with others. My God is ethereal, not corporeal. )



No comments:

Post a Comment