Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fw: Writing .... What's It All About

 

I first read something to understand the message ... I do not judge the vocabulary used, the grammar accuracy, spelling or anything other than appreciating the fact that the writer wanted to share their message content with me doing so in their manner, time, and ability to write what they felt worthy of their time to communicate. We all differ in our inclination to write, our education, experience, and ability to write, and our time available to write.
 
Then perhaps I re-read, if time allows and if impressed with the style, imagination, and ability of the writer displayed by what I read, I appreciate the writing more by studying it, perhaps mentally and intellectually assessing it by standards of writing in general or compare it to other works I have read, and in that way, I do learn to improve my own writing, or if possible, ask the writer about what he has written.
 
I am certainly not an accomplished writer although I fortunately have many friends who pride themselves on their authorship, intellectual literacy, and published works. I just simply enjoy writing, but in the past I didn't, not until I learned writing is a great way of sharing something you believe others might want to know or read; it is thoughtfulness, sharing, and also reaching out socially in a way that maybe will increase your circle of friends and self respect. This requires courage because what you write may be obviously achieve the opposite of your intent. However, if it does not accomplish the purpose of your intent then you have not failed because just by writing you do improve your own thinking and may have better results the next time you write. So until the next time, writing, and what's it all about, is an experience in mutual caring, consideration, and communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment