Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 month old femalePekingese puppy, My Way,was stolen from my home yesterday

......I thought before I started this email, that writing about My Way being
stolen was too hurtful and painful and it is..... it is too hurtful and
painful for words, but I am going to post to Azpekelist and to my other
email friends/groups that she was stolen and then get on with my life and
taking care of my other Pekingese pets and do the usual things needed to
keep our home and family going..............

It seems thieves always take what is most valuable in your home and what can
never be replaced ..... There is no such things as petty thieves, and a pet
thief is the worse variety there is! Please pray with me that thieves feel
remorse and change their lives in the future so that they will know the
damage they do to others is not nearly the greater damage they do to their
selves. If they learn how to live to be a blessing to others instead of a
threat causing pain and injuries then I will be satisfied justice has been
served.


******* some have asked if My Way might of accidentally wandered away ***

No she wouldn’t run away and there are 2 gates to come from the street into the inner courtyard outside my front door..... there is frequent pet stealing in Phoenix area ... they steal the dogs and then sell them as a means of getting cash .... and there are a lot of people who know about my Pekingese but don’t have the money to buy one so they probably decided to steal it .. They can even create their own false AKC papers for the dogs they steal. I have all of my Pekingese micro-chipped except this one .... because I ran out of chips and hadn’t purchased another batch.... I was waiting to see how many new puppies from the 2 Mothers I have needed before ordering. I implant the microchips myself .... Also the puppy had a new black halter on it but I hadn’t yet attached the owner ID info . Also, I should never have had the puppy in the front where it could be so easily stolen anyway so I am partially responsible for what has happened to this puppy.

I printed off a copy of the post about the lost pet and gave one to the Alta Vista Elementary School for them to see what they could do and alerting the children who maybe took the puppy, also gave one to the Cortez High School for similar searching, and posted one on the light post at the corner of my property. I have offered $100 reward. I also made a police report to the theft of the puppy this morning. Tomorrow, I will go to our Maricopa Animal Care and Control to see if anyone has turned the dog over to their shelter as lost or stray ....

I did have the opportunity to visit the schools down the street from me this morning and seeing how the children begin their day and see my tax dollars working for a good cause. A lot of children elementary through high school age walk by home daily, and there is also a lot of roofers and other construction workers in the area repairing damages done by the recent hail storm .... AND it is Christmas time ..... what a perfect gift for someone, huh? Except not for me.

Oh well, it is a heartache and mental angst to invest one’s love and affection in people or pets or anything that can be stolen or might die or worse.... maybe this is a test of my sanity, yet another test.... LOL .... I have feelings of anger, bewilderment, and loss all mixed together stressing me more than would be expected .... my world is so fragile and held together by anything I could find to mend it to make do and get by.

I presently have (2) 9-10 day old infant Pekingese that I am providing care for. One who I have named My Song Billy Boy had an umbilical cord bleeding problem. I have had to feed him every 3 hours because he lost so much blood he didn’t have the strength to nurse and once you start hand feeding them from an eye dropper or bottle then they don’t realize they still need to nurse and if they do but don’t seem to get much milk that way and he is much smaller than his sister sibling .... I have another blue female who is due to whelp in a big way which I am watching around the clock. There is always risk of loss of life in breeding either the Mother’s or the puppy newborns and no matter how experienced you are or how much you have learned there is always the unexpected and new challenges.

I am hopeful some one will return my puppy I named “My Way”... and if they don’t then I must close her chapter in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment