Wednesday, December 1, 2010

High IQ (Intelligence?)

 
Having a high IQ does not mean the person has competent use of their cognitive faculties.  A high IQ measurement does not mean that the person has developed their potential for intellectual achievement and mastery. A high IQ says nothing about the person's moral, ethical, civility or social performance.    A high IQ only implies and asserts that the person would not be limited by their alleged superior innate intelligence as much as others with IQ measurements lesser, the more normal IQ persons.

Having an advanced education degree does not mean the person will perform well in their chosen field. It is only evidence that the person has been taught, tested on the material, training, and provided experience via exercises needed to perform well in their chosen field. 

Having an aptitude, altitude, and attitude also does not mean the person will apply their self in future life endeavors to achieve, be productive and successful.

A person can have everything and be nothing.  To be a special some one, for your own self esteem and value to others, it is important and most meaningful for a person to have motivation, inspiration, and desire to achieve their goals .... to not let difficult challenges discourage them, and if they fail, to not give up. 

The person must work. 

Work is a very multi-faceted concept .... and I am using it in the broadest since of the word ....means much more than being employed, either self employed or having an employer.... I am using it in the sense of
“Does your computer work?” ..... or when you get something, does it work? .... meaning providing and doing what it is supposed to be doing in a positive way?

After working for so many years of my life, when I was disabled in my bicycle accident 1986, November, I felt disgraced, broken, and thought I would be better off dead. I did not want to burden others with my many problems and injuries. Others thought the same thing about me and even said so, increasing my humiliation and sense of incapacitating impoverishment of mind, body, and personhood.

Healing (rehabilitation) is work ... I have been a long time healing and am still rehabilitating. I realize that I can not work as I did before the accident, but now I do feel that I work (I have healed and rehabilitated my self concept, my life plans, and my usefulness to others). I am self sufficient, have income, pay taxes, contribute to my community, reciprocate in friendships, participate actively in social organizations, and developmentally learning (adapting in a healthy manner, making progress productively in my life and personal goals).

True, I am receiving Social Security benefits at taxpayer’s expense, but that was an insurance plan that I paid into during my career years to provide for the contingency that I might be disabled in life. I am disabled.... not dead. My philosophy is to live within my means in all sense of the phrase, invest wisely my time and life’s resources, and experience the joy and happiness that fulfills and enriches the body, mind, and soul personally.

Can I justify my being alive at this point?

Or ... simply expressed ..... provide justifications for not being snuffed out because of lack of oxygen that others need to breathe also? or life boat ethics, reason for not throwing you out to the sharks to feed so there will be more for the survivors? or the ignorance expressed by some thinking you are “freeloading” at their expense.... or leaving you to vegetate in an institution not wanting to spend resources to heal and restore what can be restored?

Touches upon the value of life .... the extreme measures our medical teams make to save a life at all costs after serious evaluation of death versus life pros and cons .... and yet we send our best young men off to war to be slaughtered and for what? Our way of life!! My Way, my parti-colored Pekingese puppy is teaching me so much.... she and Lovesong and my other Pekingese and Koi/goldfish ....

Ethically, if a life can be saved, by Hippocratic oath which states “do no harm”, we must let nature do the healing, if there is not money to pay the doctors and hospitals for supra life saving measures? Our economy is bankrupt our congressman and government leaders say, so in the future some severe changes to our way of life will have to be made. Bio ethics is very sensitive and especially to those who might not have a seat in the life boat. What will be the criteria used for who receives limited resources?


Debt denial by our government is similar to death denial ..... not dealing with reality ...that is not the definition of good mental health and sanity by anyone who has sound mind and good judgment.




“I’ll deal with it when the time comes” ... and then never do until there is no time left.,,???



Getting back our economy begins with each citizen today improving their own personal financial management.



Collectively in our State and Federal 2 party governments, the problem is the Republicans realize they have means and do not want to lose any, and the Democrats represent those who do not have means for financial management and understand social responsibilities .... it is hard to manage a budget without income, marketable goods or services, and with so many needy children, elderly, sick, and disabled and increasing the debt denying the consequences was one way out by borrowing from the future.



Despite the differences, bi-partisan support will have to deal with solving the fiscal crisis. Every citizen is socially obliged to make the necessary economic changes in their lives. Where there is life there must be financial accounting and responsibility for sustaining it. Perhaps, greater thought will be made before bringing in new lives to our world where there is not the ability to provide for the costs of that life.... Perhaps, greater thought will be made before expenditures create greater debt rather than investing and producing greater yields... Perhaps, greater thought will be given toward working for peaceful, constructive solutions instead of the ever increasing costs of fighting foreign wars that are more offensive than defensive. Perhaps there will be less waste and corruption in our world if individually we reduce our own waste, corruption of thought and deeds, and criminal activities..... Just maybe we will regain our financial independence and not at the expense and endangerment of other people in the world. Perhaps????







 

No comments:

Post a Comment