Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Gift

A friend recently gave me a pair of Australian fire opal earrings and when I opened the box, I said to her (even though I ceased wearing jewelry a long time ago), “but my ears aren’t pierced...” she replied, “Oh, I thought they were, I could see you with those earrings”. I realized she was able to perceive not only the present me, but the past and maybe the future as well. I replied, “Oh, I did wear earrings about 10 years ago, but then when my jewelry was stolen, I never opted to buy any more”. She said well, if your ears are pierced they probably still are open. I asked her to try to see if she could put the earrings in my ears and she did so carefully. I was amazed! I thought my pierced ears had closed. I haven’t taken the earrings off and probably never will. A thoughtful gift from a friend or a loved one can override all objections, prior thoughts, and decisions previously in mind regarding the item.

What may seem closed forever, a friend may open with love and thoughtfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment