Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Spiritual Soul

Definitions, language, and beliefs change in history as do the people who give rise to them. People revise their philosophies as they mature, refining their spiritual soul as a natural consequence of life's whetting stones, forming a more perfect tool as needed for their quest beyond mortality's physical limitations.


and in the words of St. Francis .... Lord, make me an instrument of your peace ...

We open our lives so that God can enter, becoming one in life, melding our consciousness and soul spiritually beyond death’s mortal physicality.

A friend sent me the following poem which I liked .. it is a reminder to not become too self absorbed ....

ILLUSION

GOD and I in space alone,



And nobody else in view;

“And where are the people, O Lord?” I asked,

“The earth beneath and the sky o’er head,

And the dead whom I once knew?”



“That was a dream,” God smiled and said,

“A dream that has ceased to be true.

There were no people, living or dead,

No earth beneath and no sky o’er head,

There was only Myself ... and you.”



“And why do I feel no fear?” I said,

“Meeting you here this way?

For I have sinned, I know full well;

And is there heaven and is there hell,

And is this the judgment day?”



“Nay, those were but dreams,” the Great God said,

“Dreams that have ceased to be.

There are no such things as fear and sin,

And you, yourself ... you have never been,

There is NOTHING AT ALL, but ME.”



-- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment